Fall is here again! And the beautiful weather means more outdoor activities. Kids are out there biking, scooting and running around… and falling off those bikes and scooters!!! do you know what to do if your child knocks out a tooth? or chips one?
Today i am going to start a series of blogs on dental emergencies. In the next few installments we will talk all about the different types of dental emergencies. and what you need to do in every situation.
What to do if your child knocks out a baby tooth
- Wipe the area gently with a wet gauze or napkin.
- Rinse the mouth out with water
- Apply pressure with a cold compress to decrease swelling
- Do not try to put the tooth back in
- Putting the tooth back in can damage the permanent teeth
- Call your pediatric dentist immediately
- Look for signs of concussion: confusion, nausea, dizziness
- Headache, vomiting, ringing in the ears, loss of consciousness
- If your child has any signs of a concussion go to the er immediately!